Sleep Apnea in Farmingdale
Mike Kalogiannis, DMD is committed to offering quality sleep apnea and snoring treatments in Farmingdale.
As a top rated sleep apnea and snoring specialist in Farmingdale, Mike Kalogiannis, DMD believes that a good night sleep is essential for good health. That’s why he is committed to providing you with excellent sleep apnea treatment and oral appliances to help you have a good night’s sleep.
What is sleep apnea?
Sleep apnea is a type of sleep disorder in which you experience one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while you sleep.
The breathing pauses usually last a few seconds or minutes and can occur for more than an hour. Sleep apnea is a severe condition that disrupts sleep. When you have breathing pauses or shallow breaths, your sleeping pattern often move out of deep sleep into light sleep. This ultimately affects the quality of your sleep, which makes you tired during the day.
When should I visit a sleep apnea specialist?
Many people who have sleep apnea may not know they have it because it occurs during sleep. Sometimes sleep apnea can go undiagnosed because no blood tests can help detect the problem.
However, obstructive sleep apnea can become worse if not diagnosed and treated early. Patients with this condition usually have their airways collapsing or becoming blocked during sleep. This causes breathing pauses or shallow breathing. When you try to breathe, the air tries to squeeze past the blockage causing loud snoring.
Untreated sleep apnea can result in:
- Increased risk of heart failure
- Increased risk of obesity, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure and diabetes
- Making arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats) more likely
- Increased likelihood of having driving or work-related accidents
It is important to seek appropriate medical evaluation and treatment when you experience signs and symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea such as loud snoring, daytime sleepiness, and repeated nighttime awakenings.
Learn More »
Why choose Mike Kalogiannis, DMD
Patients come to Mike Kalogiannis, DMD for sleep apnea treatment in Farmingdale because he:
- Is uniquely trained and experienced
- Is compassionate and dedicated
- Offers high quality and respectful sleep apnea treatment
- Mike Kalogiannis, DMD and his friendly staff will explain all aspect of your sleep apnea treatment to ensure your comfort and safety
- Mike Kalogiannis, DMD performs his sleep apnea and sleep orders treatment at a welcoming, comfortable environment
See why Mike Kalogiannis, DMD is the best Farmingdale Sleep Apnea Specialist
Enhance the quality of your night’s sleep
Schedule an appointment with the best sleep apnea specialist in Farmingdale, NY if you experience any sleep disorders and sleep apnea. Contact us online or call our office at 516-752-1719